Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

So, the fed announced a .25% cut in the fed funds rate. Which seems ideal because apparently GDP beat expectations with 3.9% growth.

After they announced the cut I sold my 25 SPY contracts. This initially was a premature move because things moved down and I could have actually made an extra 250, instead I only lost 100, which I will gladly spend for some insurance.

I did lose 1,000 on the day though, which is somewhat disappointing, however I was not nervous or stressed going into the announcement at all, I was just there to make adjustments as needed. This is how I know I was in a decent position, and had it turned out poorly and I wasn't hedged it would have been much worse.

So for tomorrow I have found some trades I will take that have low risk entries, I looked at Jeff Kohler's watch list which was great and took some bearish and bullish trade ideas from there as well as a few I am watching so I will be getting into a few trades tomorrow, which I will discuss at that time.

CROX got hammered after hours due to earnings projections apparently not being up to par, which could be a good day trade opportunity as usually it will snap back.

I am excited for tomorrow with all the possibilities, could see some profit taking, hopefully on some bullish trades I can get some better entry points. Now its time to celebrate Halloween.

No comments: