Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Highs

Even after a dismal GDP number of -6.1% the market rallied as there was evidence the consumer is actually much better than expected. Intraday we hit new highs and the Russell 2000 broke above it's 480 resistance. The S&P still finished right at resistance however this price action can't be ignored. I will look to buy back in on a dip although I am worried it may not come very soon. I considered buying futures at the open and just sitting on them but decided not to take action ahead of Bernanke speaking (aka I wussed out).

Overall the materials are looking to be heating up again on the idea we may actually pull out of this recession by the end of the year. Tech could continue to do well as well, I'd like some china exposure as well. Financials are actually looking fairly strong, MS could be a good play but it is lagging behind GS which is slightly concerning.

Overall I feel like I should be well positioned with my short option positions and I could just sit on those but I likely would be missing out on a lot of good movement and profits. We'll see how things unfold tomorrow.

Total Return for 2009: 133%

No comments: