Saturday, February 27, 2010

Monthly Strategy Update

I plan on doing updates at the end of each month on how the strategy is performing and some thoughts about what is working and ways to improve it.

After a week of action the market finds itself essentially flat. I had a rough start initially but my strategy has done decently so far but obviously one week of testing is nothing sufficient to base a conclusion. Sell disciplines have essentially been the difference so far which will likely be true moving forward as well.

Market wise I am fairly surprised we have held up so far even though friday volume was very light. Economic data is getting progressively worse and the market has stayed bullish, reversing a fairly large drop on Thursday. Overall I think investors are in a "buy the dip" mode but I am predicting a more prolonged pullback over the next month or so as we get panic that positive ecnomic progress is slowing down. I of course could be wrong and I will watch the market to tell me the next move and attempt to position accordingly with the strategy.

Total Strategy Return Since Inception: 2.17%

No comments: