Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hiatus

Well I haven't had much activity lately. The reason is I have been busy and I have been letting things pan out in the market. Currently things are not looking too good if you are bullish. S&P is cracking below 1300 levels and oil is close to that 140 level.

I am sitting back as I am helping my GF move and am out of town, I'll be back watching things and trading more in July after the 4th. Unless there is something very compelling.

Levels to watch is 150 for oil, if we hit 150 I am taking a contrarian viewpoint and buying puts on oil and buying stocks because I think that could signal a bottom, who knows my view could change as it approaches but I think all this is result to oil pressuring inflation as well as commodities due to a weak dollar. The psychological level of 150 in oil could be the top and then we see it drift lower, which will then possibly be followed by commodities and allow the fed to raise rates as inflation gets under control so the dollar strengthens and oil and commodities continue to go down and we see a gradual recovery.

I'll continue watching and start trading once I get a consistent internet connection and time to watch, I may take some more day trades to see how that goes as well. stay tuned!

1 comment:

Trading Arcade said...

hi Ben,
would like to invite you to join us at tradingArcade.com where we post our daily profit/loss. This is not a commercial site but a community of global daytraders where each trader can view/edit their trading records on a common site.
Hope to see you as a member of the team soon.
Dave ( nikkeiTrader@gmail.com )