Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All Eyes on Ben

Well, today's action was fairly flaccid. Although it was pretty much all bad in my account. The only thing keeping my account afloat today was GS and the Q's. I watched as AAPL hit my original target today, which would have meant another 1500 in my account. I have to live with my decision though and assume it will pull back at some point and I can get in again.

My diversification plays worked against me today, both WFR and VIA rallied back up to resistance but did not break. Seems like some traders were doing some short covering ahead of the fed meeting. SLB went against me and gave me a dilemma, it finished below 100 on lower than average volume. It finished at 99.26, then jumped afterhours but it could have been just a missed order going through so we'll see what happens.

Overall I was down less than I thought I would be, a little less than 2%. I doubt much will happen tomorrow either before 1:15 when Bernanke announces the Fed policy from the FOMC meeting. The Q's ended strong so I hope that trend continues, generally a cut is good for financials. That's assuming we get the .25% but you never know. If we get a rally tomorrow it could be the move above 1400 I have been waiting for that signals higher prices.

Let's hope whatever it is, the market likes it.

No comments: