Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Main Event

So Apple released earnings. Very good earnings. However, their guidance was below the estimates of wall street so we have no rally. It could be worse but the stock only sold off something like 68 cents. With IV collapsing it is likely the options will suffer and I will lose money on top of whatever happens tomorrow. I was hoping Amazon would add to the rally in tech but it failed to impress as well so it looks like my QQQQ play is out.

I left before market close but apparently I should have stayed, it seemeded fairly bullish with GS above 180 but it finished below with a loss of just over 2%, which means I should have exited.

It's hard to say what will happen tomorrow but with weak guidance it doesn't seem like a reason for a rally. I guess we will see.

No comments: