Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Turn Around

So today I didn't even look at the market or do anything save for a few glances at stock prices throughout the day. I had a final so I just let the market do what it was going to do and take me along for a ride. Luckily, today was a good ride and took me back up to recoup quite a bit of the lost paper profits from yesterday. I am now back to being up 21% overall.

DRYS made a great move as was expected in the long run. I am hoping it prints 110 tomorrow, if it does I am going to sell all my contracts and buy a new strike on monday to hold over earnings, likely just a single contract.

EWZ came back in full force, the sell off yesterday would have been a great dip buying opportunity, but I couldn't bring myself to take advantage at the end of the day. Both EWZ and FXI Are nearing my targets just like DRYS.

FSLR had a small sell off, I would have liked to buy the dip but wasn't around. With Options expiration tomorrow I am thinking we may see some pinning of stock prices, I'd like to see the pinning of prices higher, but I know that is just wishful thinking. I got out of all my puts on POT, LVS and SGR, which today proved to be correct because all of them continued upwards. This again proves to be a problem because I am totally delta positive. I think I'll wait through OE and then re-position myself on monday with suitable stocks.

Visa remains to be the pain and example of why mechanical trading rules are needed over discretionary. I still feel confident in its direction, but it highlights the need for patience of a better entry. If I had cut this loss off at the usual 2% I would be at my highest levels to date.

We'll see how tomorrow plays out, I'll hope for a bullish day but ultimately I don't think price action tomorrow will mean too much.

No comments: